Job market in Dubai
Dubai, the city of dreams with breathtaking skyscrapers, exotic beaches, artificial islands, plethora of extravagant and fancy malls, spectacular hotels etc has attracted millions of people around the world who wants to live a life style they can only dream of. The ruler of Dubai sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Makhtum saw a dream of turning Dubai from a sleepy fishing village to one of the most sought after cities in this world and so with his powerful determination and far sightedness he made sure that he turned his dream into reality.
We are now witnessing a live example of his dream coming true. All these people out there are making a rush towards Dubai to build a career over there and this is yet another proof of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid’s dream coming true.
Without a doubt it can be said that there is something within Dubai: its spectacular developments aside which attracts people from all over the world. The fact is that Dubai, the city of future grants thousands of multiple jobs to equally thousands of people annually.
A very peculiar fact about Dubai is that only about 5% of the 2 million population consists of its citizens. The other 95% are people from around the world with 70 different nationalities rendering Dubai a cosmopolitan city. With its population increasing dramatically the job opportunities are also rising. Countless multinationals get attracted by Dubai’s infrastructure and its boosting economy which hosts thriving economic sectors such as finance, architecture, tourism, research and manufacturing and set up their businesses over there creating abundant jobs and making up numerous people’s lives.
Over the decades, investment and workers flowed to this desert city to build up their lives and the truth is anyone can get a job in Dubai. From a non skilled to a highly trained professional all can take advantage of this opportunity that Dubai provides.
These days the job market is positively expanding in Dubai. According to data released by Monster Middle East, customer service professionals are in great demand and these jobs were advertised the most in Dubai. The data provided a figure of 63% growth. This is now followed by professionals in purchase/logistics/supply chain with a 58 per cent growth and in software, hardware and telecom with a 35 per cent growth.
Amongst various occupations, engineering and production face a very sustained growth in demand annually. However, professionals in hospitality and travel are not much in demand and they witnessed the least growth over the period of 2013-14. Demand for legal professionals is also facing a noticeable increase. Teaching jobs are also rising as population grows and families establish themselves in Dubai demand more of education.
On the other hand, as mentioned before, Dubai is also a good place for plumbers, electricians, carpenters, domestic helpers, masons, etc. Really, Dubai is the best city out there which provides you with all sorts of jobs and without any discrimination. It certainly doesn’t make a difference as to what ethnic background you belong to. Just apply and probably you are in.
Keywords: job market, Dubai, employment, job opportunity, teaching jobs, hiring, plumbers, electricians, carpenters, domestic helpers, masons, recruitment